Please note that this programme is only for WPSA members with a maximum age of 40 years at the time of application.
The WPSA Board fully supports the awarding of Travel Grants (both for young WPSA members/students and older members) as well as the assistance for branches utilizing the WPSA Speaker’s Bureau programme. Each of these programmes was developed with the intent to provide financial assistance to support members and branches demonstrating legitimate needs in these areas. All submitted applications are sent to the General Secretary of the WPSA for initial review and consideration. Those meeting ALL necessary application requirements are then forwarded to the WPSA Executive Committee for the next step in the application approval process. To ensure your application receives timely consideration, it is imperative that ALL application conditions stated on the WPSA web site are fully adhered to. Travel grant applications must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the date of the meeting to be attended. As stated in the application conditions, incomplete or late submissions will not be considered for funding. One common oversight with Travel Grant applications is incomplete budget request and justification information in accordance with the stated conditions. Another frequent error is the failure to adhere to page length requirements for supporting documentation. If the conditions state the requirement for a 2-3 page length Curriculum Vitae, submitting more than 3 pages becomes cumbersome to the approval process and this failure to adhere to the conditions can be considered as justification for application rejection. One final reminder is that all budgets and invoices must have costs converted to US dollars, and the total amounts must be presented.
In summary, the WPSA Board encourages all members and branches to utilize these programmes but asks that all members familiarize themselves with the application conditions. Submitting applications in compliance with these conditions will streamline the approval process and reduce the amount of extra work required for all parties involved.
Incomplete or late submissions will NOT be considered.
The Association has funds set aside for a limited number of travel grants. These are to provide international travel assistance for YOUNG WPSA members (both scientists and poultry producers) from developing countries and STUDENTS from developed countries to attend and participate in regional and global WPSA conferences.
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the meeting. If a scientific paper or poster is the basis for the application, this need not have been accepted at the time of application but it will eventually have to be accepted before funds are disbursed
- Maximum age of the applicant is 40 years at the time of application.
- Applicants must have been a member of WPSA for at least 6 months at the time of application.
- No member may receive more than two Travel Grants.
- Successful applicants will receive the funds electronically AFTER the meeting on receipt of a copy of the airline ticket.
- Successful applicants MUST have a bank account in a country to which the United States and/or The Netherlands can legally wire money.
- Incomplete or late submissions will NOT be considered.
Application form must be accompanied by:
A copy of the abstract submitted. A copy of the letter of acceptance (if you have not yet received such a letter, you can send it later).
One typed page clearly outlining how you propose to network at the meeting. Describe the feasibility of your plan and what you hope to gain. Possibilities for the plan could include names of individuals you plan to interview or conference attendees you plan to meet who share similar interests to your own. Networking plans must be made in advance and must involve individuals with whom you are not already acquainted.
- Budget request and justification form. Include cost of economy rate travel, food and lodging. Include an official PDF or equivalent document from a travel agent or airline/hotel showing the actual costs of travel and accommodation. Please note that conference registration fee and costs for the gala dinner will NOT be funded.
- Letter of recommendation from a well-known member of your WPSA Branch stating why you are a worthy candidate to receive a Travel Grant.
- Short Curriculum Vitae and photo (2-3 pages maximum).
The completed application should be sent by e-mail to .
If you do not have access to e-mail or fax you can send your application to:
Dr R.W.A.W. Mulder
PO Box 31
7360 AA Beekbergen