World’s Poultry Science Journal Editor
The editor of the World’s Poultry Science Journal (WPS Journal) is appointed by the Board of the World’s Poultry Science Association (WPSA). The appointment is for a 4-year term with automatic renewal dependent upon a favourable annual review to be conducted by the WPSA Journal Publication Committee.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for editorial oversight and decision making, alongside a team of Associate Editors, using the Journal’s online submission and peer review system, ScholarOne. He or she will have authority to accept articles following successful peer review, and will ensure that all stakeholders adhere to the Journal’s code of publishing ethics. There will be an agreed handover period with the retiring interim Editor-in-Chief to ensure seamless transition.
An Editorial Board consisting of researchers and scientists, all experts in different fields of poultry production, assist the editor. The editor will engage with members of the Editorial Board on agreeing the best content and direction of the Journal.
The editor will be supported in all activities by Taylor & Francis, publisher of the WPS Journal.
Routine communication between the editor and the WPSA Board will be through the WPSA Secretary General. The editor reports on all matters concerning publishing policy and business arrangements including agreements with any third party relating to the Journal. The editor attends Board and Council meetings.
- A scientific qualification with primary specialization in poultry science
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Prior experience as an author and/or reviewer for a journal
- Knowledge of the poultry industry including research, education and organization
- Have office facilities, preferably at home
- Member of WPSA
- Communicative and willing to attend, and contribute to, calls and meetings regarding the strategic development of the journal
- Previous Editor-in-Chief or Editorial Board publishing experience
- Knowledge /experience of ScholarOne Manuscripts
- Experience of the use of social media
- Readily available and flexible in working time including willingness to travel
Prepared to accept a modest stipend plus expenses related to the work.
More information and applications: Dr Roel Mulder, Secretary General WPSA