- Parent Category: ROOT
- Category: Education
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 21962
Postgraduate programme in Applied Poultry Science at SRUC in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh
We have started a brand new postgraduate programme in Applied Poultry Science with the University of Edinburgh.
Each course (elsewhere often called ‘modules’) of the taught element is delivered in 2 blocks of 5 weeks of study with a week of independent study and reflection time in between. The courses are delivered in three 11-week terms from September-June.
Year 1 Core courses
• Poultry Housing & Environment (* Core – 20 Credits)
• Poultry Anatomy & Health (* Core – 20 Credits)
• Poultry Feed, Nutrition & Digestion (* Core – 20 Credits)
Year 2 Core courses
• Poultry Behaviour & Welfare in Commerical Systems (*Core – 20 Credits)
• Research Methods and Data Analysis (*Core – 10 Credits)
• Poultry Embryology & Incubation (*Core – 10 Credits)
• Poultry Breeding & Genetics (*Core – 10 Credits)
Elective courses from this programme
• Leadership Skills (10 Credits)
Electives from other suitable courses will also be available (10 Credits)
Year 3 : Dissertation Element (must be written within a 12 month period)
You can find details at https://www.ed.ac.uk/vet/studying/postgraduate/taught-programmes/applied-poultry-science
Dr Jill Offer
Programme Team Leader Applied Animal Science & Applied Poultry Science.
SRUC, Riverside Campus, University Avenue, Ayr, KA8 0SX, UK.
Tel: 01292 886178 | Email: |