The Global Agriculture Innovation Forum is a joint undertaking between USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service and Purdue University’s Office of International Programs in Agriculture. The Forum will be valuable to entrepreneurs, producers, value-chain operators, service providers, and researchers, as well as donor agencies and implementing partners and will consist of a series of virtual events held throughout 2021. Participation is FREE and open to all who have an interest in the application of agricultural innovations.
As the year unfolds, we will conduct up to six virtual events, each consisting of multiple sessions of presentations, moderated discussions, and Q&A sessions with world-renowned experts. Planned events include ePoster sessions and opportunities to enter or vote in pitch contests in which entrepreneurs present their business ideas to a panel of judges and compete for cash prizes.
The anticipated innovation themes include:
- Farms and Farmers of the Future – beginning March 2, 2021
- Innovations in Genetic Improvement of Agricultural Systems – beginning May 11, 2021
- Innovations in Post-Harvest Management – beginning June 29, 2021
- Innovations in Entrepreneurship, Especially Among Youth – beginning August 24, 2021
- Innovations in Information and Communication Technologies – beginning October 19, 2021
- Innovations in Scaling – beginning December 14, 2021