Please note that this programme is only for WPSA members with a maximum age of 40 years at the time of application
The Association has funds set aside for a limited number of travel grants. These are to provide international travel assistance for YOUNG WPSA members (both scientists and poultry producers) from developing countries and STUDENTS from developed countries to attend and participate in regional and global WPSA conferences.
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the meeting. If a scientific paper or poster is the basis for the application, this need not have been accepted at the time of application but it will eventually have to be accepted before funds are disbursed
- Maximum age of the applicant is 40 years at the time of application.
- Applicants must have been a member of WPSA for at least 6 months at the time of application.
- No member may receive more than two Travel Grants.
- Successful applicants will receive the funds electronically AFTER the meeting on receipt of a copy of the airline ticket.
- Incomplete or late submissions will NOT be considered.
Application form must be accompanied by:
A copy of the abstract submitted.
- One typed page clearly outlining how you propose to network at the meeting. Describe the feasibility of your plan and what you hope to gain. Possibilities for the plan could include names of individuals you plan to interview or conference attendees you plan to meet who share similar interests to your own. Networking plans must be made in advance and must involve individuals with whom you are not already acquainted.
- Budget request and justification (one page). Include cost of economy rate travel, food and lodging. Conference registration fees and dues will NOT be funded.
- Letter of recommendation from a well-known member of your WPSA Branch stating why you are a worthy candidate to receive a Travel Grant.
- Short Curriculum Vitae and photo.
If you do not have access to e-mail or fax you can send your application to:
Dr R.W.A.W. Mulder
PO Box 31
7360 AA Beekbergen